‘The Backyard in Bethnal Green… if there’s a better comedy club in the world, I don’t know where it is. It’s amazing.’ - Russell Howard
We are the largest professional, purpose built comedy club in London and have been the home of comedy in the East End for the past 20 years. Our shows feature the best comic talent in the country (and the world) – including big TV names and circuit pros, to the best up and coming talent.
Reasons to love us:
-We are London’s newest purpose-built comedy venue. There are not many venues built especially to house comedy.
- Our building is fully wheelchair accessible – all on one level, with wide doorways and zero obstructions for those who have wheels.
- We are just a two minute walk from Bethnal Green tube and Bethnal Green overground stations.
- There is lots of street parking around us.
- We have free wifi.
- We serve a selection of tasty pizzas and refreshing beverages.
- We have a pool table, ping pong, table football and board games.
- Our venue is air conditioned and sexy fresh!
Many people will be familiar with the founder and owner of The Backyard, Lee Hurst, who came to fame in the 90s as a regular face on television on shows such as They Think It’s All Over. Lee still performs regularly all over the country and often makes appearances here with us.